|My hyper-controlled vegetable garden, 2002.|
2. I'm so straight (sexually) that when I see a set of male genitals in pornography ([alternative text here] I've heard about male genitals being in pornagraphy), the first thing I think of is "the space program needs more funding." And perhaps "I haven't been fishing in a while." Sometimes I think "fire fighting is cool."
3. Thirty years ago as a young invincible I was an occasional black-out drinker. I think I once went to an ac/dc concert in Washington D.C. and blacked out most of the experience. I was with a guy named Chuck who I had been hanging out with and getting into various trouble with for several months. Chuck knew these two thin sisters (I said t-h-i-n not twin sisters) and I think they came to the concert with us. But they were not just thin, they were Karen Carpenter thin, like they had been eating food void of nutrition like rocks for breakfast and lunch all their lives. Anyway, taking both of them to the concert was not a problem with dating economics since the two of them together were like one person. Like one mouth to feed, half as much alcohol for each of them, half has much attention needed to be paid to either of them. Unfortunately I don't recall if I was intimate with either at one time or both of them at the same time. That memory is just one half naked blurry reasonably sized woman, who I knew were actually two skinny women! And what a shame to see a great concert like ac/dc and black-out the event!
4. Being a stubborn conservative governor who has refused to accept the expanded Medicaid program funds is like refusing to install poor citizens' vehicle air bags even though doing so would be free of cost. Where you know the bags could save lives and unnecessary suffering if installed. How many busted heads occurring among what segment of the population are enough to keep under the radar of the press and then get-away with - governors assholes? For these governors it's about sticking to their anti-federal government philosophy of conservatism at the cost of the suffering of the silent population who could use that Medicaid funding a great deal.
5. If I were commander in chief of the most powerful and globally extended military force in the world I would . .
A. Shift hundreds of billions in annual Pentagon funding into research and development toward a large and effective space fighter fleet. Hundreds of single pilot multiple use fighter craft that can fly very fast in atmosphere or space, that can land vertically, that can pivot 180 degrees upon an enemy. I would involve all capable nations in following suit. Not only could we then defend the planet but the craft can be the workhorses of space, towing everything needed in space from satellites to equipment and personnel to colonize the Moon and Mars. They could also destroy incoming planetary bodies like asteroids and meteors, or falling spacecraft. Technical hint for the pentagon: pilots encapsulated in fluid can take far more g-force especially if that fluid container is computer pressure by chamber controlled!
B. Intervene with troops or air support in other nations only in these circumstances:
1. Starvation and or genocide is occurring due to war. In this worthy and honorable cause I would use all available military means, beginning with taking-out whatever leadership is causing the suffering, to alleviate the suffering. I would establish two or more international refugee zones which would be strongly militarily guarded near each point of refugee populating. If a warlord needs to be taken-out I would revive the mass paratroop drop behind enemy lines technique of overwhelming the enemy. 2. If a burgeoning democracy is falling apart and military solutions could keep it together. For example in Egypt in 2012, I would have supported the current regime, as corrupt as it may have been, because elections were coming. I would have rapidly deployed a carrier battle group to the coast of Alexandria to let the Egyptian army know we do not support revolt. I would do these things because having as many democracies as possible in the world is the single best known way to reduce the frequency of war and thus human suffering. A worthy and honorable cause and a good use for unbeatable military power.
6. For any conservative group or think-tank to exclaim "Obama care has been a failure," is just stupidity. It implies the program is in full effect - and the truth is far from it, as tens of millions of uninsured have yet to brave their way forward and sign-up. It implies that enough of the program has been working long enough for experts and economists to have any opinion worth any merit - or an opinion that can be deduced true by reasoning. Imagine you're a conservative in America, you actually want millions to not have good health care, because they'll have shit insurance or none under conservative proposals for Health Savings Accounts, and other such rubbish speculative health care delivery systems.
7. This is my declaration of sound mind: If I'm dying, and I indicate that I'm going to heaven, somebody please shoot me or smother me with a pillow. Because I'll be acting like a delusional fool during my last time on Earth, and I won't go-out a blithering fool.
8. It is also lying to be dishonest with your self. Therefore we must show respect to ourselves and get "intellectually honest," about everything of which we deceive ourselves about. We must discover these lies and get them the f*&k out.
9. Example of mental illness stigma by institutional delivery: "I told my psychiatrist something a few weeks ago and she looked at me like I was crazy!" Or, "I saw my new physician the other day, he looked down at my chart, then looked up at me like I was crazy!" Or, "I asked the shoe sales lady if she had it in a wide size, she looked at me like I was crazy!"
10. The great and unsolvable paradox preventing human progress involves ignorance. That a great many people do not know they have it makes decreasing ignorance like trying to drink a lake fed by a river. So we must find a way to educate all humans using high technology beginning at the fetal stage of development, ensuring that children are born knowledgeable. Unfortunately many of the new smart-babies will be smart-assed and manipulative and conniving little shits. Perhaps we could send those babies to colonize Mars?